Chris Cross presents…The Greatest Show on the Tyne!
ROLL UP, ROLL UP…
Chris Cross the magician presents… ”The Greatest Show on The Tyne!”
This September, expect the unexpected…
Newcastle’s favourite magician, Chris Cross, presents the very best in North East variety, with a line-up of well-known Geordie legends! See some of our favourite North East entertainers mixed with some unknown underground cabaret and circus acts – think 1920’s Speakeasy and Parisian Cabaret meets 1970’s Geordie Working Men’s Clubs! An eccentric show featuring magic, burlesque, live music, stand-up comedy, escapology and lots more madness.
Come and witness the cunning stunts of Chris Cross & Friends – this is a big one! Not to be missed!
(Strictly 12+, anyone under 16 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18)
– Alfie Joey of BBC Newcastle will compere the show with his fantastic Frank Sinatra tributes and his The Mimic Men act of impressions & stand-up.
– Chris Cross the globe-trotting Geordie magician & escapologist will perform dangerous upside down escapology stunts as seen on TV and some other cunning stunts…
– The Cathouse Belles Showgirls from Mint Management Entertainment and Events Agency will fill the stage full of feathers, glitter and high-kicking legs with the Can-Can and more!
– Bobby Pattinson of Talk of the Tyne is coming out of retirement for a rare appearance, performing the stand-up act which has made him a local legend.
– Bruce Airhead is the man who gets inside a giant balloon. He’s performed worldwide and you’ve probably seen him on TV before. A class act and always a favourite in Glastonbury’s Circus Tent.
– Michael Diamond & Jade Illusion are bringing their big illusion show from Liverpool to amaze, astound and mesmerise!
– Pete Peverley pays tribute to Tyneside’s favourite comedian, Bobby Thompson aka. The Little Waster.
– Sue Sweeney, the diva of Durham comedienne is pleased to be back at Tyne Theatre & Opera House after her very successful panto seasons. She’ll be sure to make you giggle.
– Geoff Mull, local singer-songwriter of X-Factor fame will be taking centre-stage with his guitar and original songs which impressed the judges.
– Warren Speed with his alternative tribute to Charlie Chaplin will have you laughing and a little bit surprised too.
– Rosy Bloomers the sexy circus sensation with hula hoops, suspended aerial performances & more!
– Nat Kala Lunatrick presents his fast paced feats of skill, dexterity and juggling with multiple bowler hats in this hat manipulation act.
– Mark Raffles was once the greatest pickpocket act in the world and his mother worked with Charles Chaplin! Raffles is now 96 years young and is a legend in the performing world. He’ll be performing his trademark comedy linking rings routine.
Plus more TBA!
18:30 Doors to Bars
19:00 Doors to seats
19:30 Show start
TBA Show end