Daniel Sloss – HUBRIS
Covid-19 update (24/02/2021):
‘Due to the current situation with Covid-19, the Daniel Sloss event due to take place on Sun 11th October 2020, then on 22nd & 23rd January 2021, then 19th March 2021 will be rescheduled again to Thursday 10th June 2021 (from 23rd Jan) and Saturday 12th June (from 22nd Jan, then 19th March 2021). Ticket holders will be contacted by their ticketing agent to confirm that their tickets have been transferred to one of the new shows.
We do encourage ticket holders to hold onto their tickets where possible in this turbulent time for the events industry – which needs your support now, more than ever. However, if you are unable to attend the rescheduled date, refunds will be available from your point of purchase. More info here.’
Live Nation & MZA present Daniel Sloss: HUBRIS.
Please read the safety information below before booking/attending
The all-new, 11th solo show by Scotland’s international comedy star, hot on the heels of his ground-breaking, global smash-hit ‘Daniel Sloss: X’, comes to Tyne Theatre & Opera House.
The incredible ‘X’ tour sold out across 40 countries, with 300 shows including over 30 European countries, UK, U.S., Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan and even packing a Moscow arena (becoming Russia’s biggest-ever English language comedy show). The film of ‘X’ is showing on HBO in U.S. and Canada and became the first UK comedy special to make its UK premiere in cinemas, with its nationwide release at Vue.
Daniel’s previous two Netflix specials ‘DARK’ & ‘Jigsaw’ are streaming in 190 countries, 26 languages with the infamous ‘Jigsaw’ now credited with breaking up over 75,000 couples and cited in over 130 divorces world-wide (with fans even bringing their divorce papers for him to autograph at shows).
He has sold out six New York solo off-Broadway seasons, appeared on U.S TV’s ‘Conan’ ten times, broken box office records in Edinburgh and toured in over 50 countries – this is his new show and it’s a strictly limited tour – BOOK EARLY!
With special guest KAI HUMPHRIES
‘Dirty, sweet and clever’ (New York Times)
‘Smouldering… deliciously dark stand-up. Brilliant!’ ★★★★★ (Mail On Sunday)
‘Dazzling wit… Unstoppable’ (Daily Telegraph)
‘Simply world class… hilarious’ ★★★★ (Herald Sun)
‘Comedy provocateur’ ★★★★★ (TheMusic.com.au)
‘Hilarious… Sloss is a festival highlight. See him!’ ★★★★★ (The Age)
‘Sloss is at the top of his game… exciting and powerful… Challenging and controversial… a master craftsman and a truly
edgy stand-up star with his finger very much on the pulse… Brilliant!’ (Time Out)
Please be advised that the performance begins promptly at the time indicated and late admittance is not guaranteed. It is a condition of entry that ticket holders agree to not photograph, film, record or stream the show. Offenders will be removed and not permitted re-entry. Please note that tickets are non-transferable. The credit card used for payment or photo ID may be required to be shown at venue to confirm collection. Contains adult themes & strong language. Show may be filmed and your entry to the event is your consent to participate.
Safety Information During COVID-19 (read before booking/attending) – please note this information is only valid for this show and will be reviewed and updated if necessary
- Tickets can only be booked in groups of 1-6 (currently, bookings must be from the same household or support bubble). Group sizes cannot be changed.
- Accessible bookings can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify access requirements, which performance you would like to attend and provide a contact telephone number. Please note wheelchair bays are limited and will be on a first come first served basis.
- The theatre capacity has significantly reduced to ensure social distancing is adhered to for your safety. We are unable to remove seating and seats which are to be unoccupied will be clearly marked.
- Details taken during booking will be used for track and trace purposes.
- Tickets are ‘Print at Home’ only – these can be shown on a phone or tablet and don’t need to be printed.
- All tickets must be bought in advance, we will not be selling tickets at the venue on the night of the show.
- For safety, resale is prohibited to keep distances between groups. Tickets offered/resold for resale may be cancelled and refunded. If you are unable to attend the show because you have Covid-19 symptoms or have been told to isolate by NHS Track and Trace, and you purchased your ticket through the venue, you may apply for a refund. You must contact the box office on email@example.com at least 48 hours before the show to apply for a refund.
What we would like you to do before coming to the theatre
- Please ensure no members of your party have been displaying symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Please ensure no members of your party’s respective households or social circles have been around those displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please do not arrive at the Theatre too early, doors to seats will be open 45 minutes before the performance.
- Ensure all of your party have face masks, face masks are available for those who forget however we will ask for a £2.00 donation.
What to expect when you arrive at the theatre
- We are using separate entry points into the Theatre on Westgate Road, please ensure you know which entry point is yours. Look out for the signs as you approach.
- All patrons will have their temperature taken on entry (contactless)
- Please have your printed tickets or tickets on your phone ready for contactless scanning with the bar code face up, held away from you.
- Drinks & snacks will be available with service at your seats. Contactless/card payment only, no cash can be taken.
What to do when you’re at the theatre
- Please be mindful of other patrons and social distance at all times.
- Use the hand sanitisers which are located throughout the building.
- Move around the building staying to the left hand side of stairs and corridors.
- Wear your mask at all times unless you are eating or drinking.
- Please remain in your allocated seat, seating has been blocked off for your safety.
- When the show is finished we ask all patrons to remain seated until directed by staff. Staggered exit is in place to ensure social distancing is adhered to.
- Please be patient with our staff and new procedures as we work hard to ensure everyone’s safety.
What we are doing to ensure patron and staff safety
- We will ensure all staff have not been displaying symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- We will ensure all staffs respective households or social circles have not been around those displaying symptoms of COVID-19
- Each staff member will have their temperature taken prior to starting work
- All staff will be wearing face protection & gloves at all times
- Prior to each performance the auditorium is fully disinfected
- Increased and enhanced cleaning schedules are in place in advance and during all events.
- Please note the Theatre has male and female staff cleaning toilets
- There are screened off areas for staff to work in safely, please do not enter these areas
Back to Events