Jack and the Beanstalk: A Socially Distanced Pantomime
Saturday 29th May (was: Sat 10th April, 13th Feb, 19th Dec) – 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm
Sunday 30th May (was: Sun 11th April, 14th Feb, 20th Dec) – 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm
Monday 31st May (was: Mon 12th April, 15th Feb, 21st Dec) – 11am, 2pm, 5pm
Tuesday 1st June (was: Tues 13th April 16th Feb, 22nd Dec) – 11am, 2pm, 5pm
Friday 4th June (was: Fri 16th April, 19th Feb, 18th Dec) – 8pm
Saturday 5th June (was: Sat 17th April, 20th Feb, 23rd Dec) – 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm
Sunday 6th June (was: Sun 18th April, 21st Feb, 24th Dec) – 11am, 2pm, 5pm (Dec: 10am, 1pm, 4pm)
Does the Tyne Theatre have a pantomime this Spring?… Oh yes it does!
Climb up our socially distanced Beanstalk with a GIANT of a show starring the hilarious Charlie Richmond as Simple Simon, Lewis Denny as Dame Trott, Micky Cochrane as Fleshcreep and Britain’s Got Talent Winner – GEORGE SAMPSON as Jack!
This year’s production is a specially designed 75 minute, socially distanced, rib-tickling treat for all the family, with a reduced capacity and no interval to minimise crowding.
Join dotty Dame Trott and her family as they are tricked into selling their beloved cow Daisy for a useless bag of beans. Laugh at silly Simple Simon and cheer-on our hero Jack as he tries to rescue his sweetheart Jill from the nasty Giant’s castle in the sky.
We only have a very limited number of tickets for this year’s panto, so if you want to join in the fun and laughter at the Tyne Theatre & Opera House book early to avoid disappointment.
Fee Fi Fo Fum… It’s panto fun for everyone!
An update (26/02/2021):
“Now that the roadmap out of the current lockdown has been announced, our socially distanced panto Jack and the Beanstalk has been rescheduled from 10th – 18th April (previously 18 Dec 2020 – 24 Dec 2020 / 13th – 21st Feb 2021) to the Summer Half Term holidays (29th May – 6th June).
We will transfer all bookings to the new corresponding date listed below and we will be in touch to confirm. Please keep an eye on your inbox and bear with us as we work to transfer all bookings.
Thank you for your continued support. We can’t wait for you to join us for some panto fun in Spring!”
If you have any additional questions, please see if they can be answered on our FAQ page before contacting us directly.
Safety Information During COVID-19 (read before booking) – please note this information is only valid for this show and will be reviewed and updated if necessary
- Tickets can only be booked in groups of 2, 4 or 6 seats.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to take bookings for groups of 1, 3 or 5 seats. We understand that this is frustrating for some and apologise that in this instance we are unable to cater for everyone, but due to logistical reasons and in order to make the show financially viable, it wasn’t possible to offer seats for groups of every size.
- Accessible bookings can be made by emailing email@example.com. Please specify access requirements and which performance you would like to attend. Please note wheelchair bays are limited and will be on a first come first served basis.
- The theatre capacity has significantly reduced to ensure social distancing is adhered to for your safety. We are unable to remove seating and seats which are to be unoccupied will be clearly marked.
- Details taken during booking will be used for track and trace purposes.
- Tickets are ‘Print at Home’ only – these can be shown on a phone or tablet and don’t need to be printed.
- All tickets must be bought in advance, we will not be selling tickets at the venue on the night of the show.
What we would like you to do before coming to the theatre
- Please ensure no members of your party have been displaying symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Please ensure no members of your party’s respective households or social circles have been around those displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please do not arrive at the Theatre too early, doors to seats will be open 45 minutes before the performance.
- Ensure all of your party (excluding children under 11 years old) have face masks (face shields / visors are not an alternative ), face masks are available for those who forget however we will ask for a £2.00 donation.
What to expect when you arrive at the theatre
- Doors will open 45 minutes before the start of the show
- We are using separate entry points into the Theatre on Westgate Road, please ensure you know which entry point is yours. Look out for the signs as you approach.
- All patrons will have their temperature taken on entry (contactless)
- Please have your printed tickets or tickets on your phone ready for contactless scanning with the bar code face up, held away from you.
- Drinks & snacks will be available with service at your seats. Contactless/card payment only, no cash can be taken.
What to do when you’re at the theatre
- Please be mindful of other patrons and social distance at all times.
- Use the hand sanitisers which are located throughout the building.
- Move around the building staying to the left hand side of stairs and corridors.
- Wear your mask at all times unless you are eating or drinking.
- Please remain in your allocated seat, seating has been blocked off for your safety.
- When the show is finished we ask all patrons to remain seated until directed by staff. Staggered exit is in place to ensure social distancing is adhered to.
- Please be patient with our staff and new procedures as we work hard to ensure everyone’s safety.
What we are doing to ensure patron and staff safety
- We will ensure all staff have not been displaying symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- We will ensure all staffs respective households or social circles have not been around those displaying symptoms of COVID-19
- Each staff member will have their temperature taken prior to starting work
- All staff will be wearing face protection & gloves at all times
- Prior to each performance the auditorium is fully disinfected
- Increased and enhanced cleaning schedules are in place in advance and during all events.
- Please note the Theatre has male and female staff cleaning toilets
- There are screened off areas for staff to work in safely, please do not enter these areas
If needing a taxi, we recommend Budget Taxis:
Back to Events