Kenton Cool – Everest the Cool Way
If you’re attending this show, our Theatre’s safety measures can be found here. Please familiarise yourself with this guidance before attending.
“We are incredibly sorry to have to postpone Kenton Cool’s show – while Kenton was pushing for a 15th ascent of Everest, the UK government added Nepal to the ‘red list’ of countries and, at the same time, the Nepali government banned all international flights to and from Nepal, all due to the significant rise in Covid cases in the region. Kenton did try very hard to find an alternative means of returning to the UK, in time to quarantine ahead of his tour, but unfortunately the odds were stacked against us on this occasion. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope you can join us on the rescheduled date in the early autumn – your support after the past year and the changing circumstances is hugely appreciated.”
Kenton Cool – Everest the Cool Way presented by Speakers from the Edge.
This is a socially distanced event, please read the below safety information before booking.
Kenton Cool holds the British record for Everest ascents, at 14 times. He is the only person in the world to have summited Everest, Lhotse and Nuptse in one season. . Undoubtedly, he is one of the world’s most successful and revered climbers.
In Everest the Cool Way, Kenton talks about his life of climbing and adventure, from the current state of Everest, climbing Aconcagua and skiing Denali, to the jungles of Bolivia and the mountains of Papua.
Safety Information During COVID-19 (read before booking) – please note this information is only valid for this show and will be reviewed and updated if necessary
- Tickets can only be booked in groups of 1-6.
- Accessible bookings can be made by emailing email@example.com. Please specify any access requirements and provide a contact telephone number. Please note wheelchair bays are limited and will be on a first come first served basis.
- The theatre capacity has significantly reduced to ensure social distancing is adhered to for your safety. We are unable to remove seating and seats which are to be unoccupied will be clearly marked.
- Details taken during booking will be used for track and trace purposes.
- Tickets are ‘Print at Home’ only – these can be shown on a phone or tablet and don’t need to be printed.
- All tickets must be bought in advance, we will not be selling tickets at the venue on the night of the show.
What we would like you to do before coming to the theatre
- Please ensure no members of your party have been displaying symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Please ensure no members of your party’s respective households or social circles have been around those displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please do not arrive at the Theatre too early, doors to seats will be open 45 minutes before the performance.
- Ensure all of your party have face masks, face masks are available for those who forget however we will ask for a £2.00 donation.
What to expect when you arrive at the theatre
- We are using separate entry points into the Theatre on Westgate Road, please ensure you know which entry point is yours. Look out for the signs as you approach.
- All patrons will have their temperature taken on entry (contactless)
- Please have your printed tickets or tickets on your phone ready for contactless scanning with the bar code face up, held away from you.
- Drinks & snacks will be available with service at your seats. Contactless/card payment only, no cash can be taken.
What to do when you’re at the theatre
- Please be mindful of other patrons and social distance at all times.
- Use the hand sanitisers which are located throughout the building.
- Move around the building staying to the left hand side of stairs and corridors.
- Wear your mask at all times unless you are eating or drinking.
- Please remain in your allocated seat, seating has been blocked off for your safety.
- When the show is finished we ask all patrons to remain seated until directed by staff. Staggered exit is in place to ensure social distancing is adhered to.
- Please be patient with our staff and new procedures as we work hard to ensure everyone’s safety.
What we are doing to ensure patron and staff safety
- We will ensure all staff have not been displaying symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- We will ensure all staffs respective households or social circles have not been around those displaying symptoms of COVID-19
- Each staff member will have their temperature taken prior to starting work
- All staff will be wearing face protection & gloves at all times
- Prior to each performance the auditorium is fully disinfected
- Increased and enhanced cleaning schedules are in place in advance and during all events.
- Please note the Theatre has male and female staff cleaning toilets
- There are screened off areas for staff to work in safely, please do not enter these areas
Back to Events