The Show Must Go On (local theatre variety show)
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we’re unable to put on the remaining The Show Must Go On shows with an audience as planned. However, the shows will still be streamed, live from the theatre, so you can watch at home at the scheduled times.
For those that had tickets. your refund will be processed automatically. We hope that you’ll still support local theatre by tuning in to the streamed shows and sending a donation via the links below. Hopefully we’ll be able to welcome you back through our doors very soon!
Shows will be streamed live on YouTube so you can enjoy at home!
If you’re watching from home, or just want to support local musical theatre, please donate to The Show Must Go On, raising money for a showcase performance at the Tyne Theatre next year.
An Evening of Musical Theatre. Come along and enjoy a drink whilst being entertained by local theatre talent. Each weekend different performers from the North East’s variety of local theatre groups and local talent take to the Bistro Bar’s stage for an evening of musical theatre themed entertainment. Raising money for the Tyne Theatre and to put on a comeback concert like no other showcasing the North East’s local theatre talent!
Performer information will be updated on on The Show Must Go On Facebook page.
Sunday 29th November
Safety Information During COVID-19 (read before booking) – please note this information is only valid for this show and will be reviewed and updated if necessary
- Tables can only be booked in groups of 2 or 4 seats (must be from the same household) and tables will be allocated on arrival. All ticket sales are online, the box office is currently closed. The Bistro Bar capacity has significantly reduced to ensure social distancing is adhered to for your safety.
- Accessible Booking can be made by emailing email@example.com. Please note wheelchair bays are limited and will be on a first come first served basis.
- Details taken during booking will be used for track and trace purposes.
- Tickets are ‘Print at Home’ only – these can be shown on a phone or tablet and don’t need to be printed.
- All tickets must be bought in advance, we will not be selling tickets at the venue on the night of the show.
What we would like you to do before coming to the theatre
- Please ensure no members of your party have been displaying symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Please ensure no members of your party’s have been around others displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please do not arrive at the Theatre too early, doors will open 30 minutes before the performance.
- Ensure all of your party have face masks, face masks are available for those who forget however we will ask for a £2.00 donation.
What to expect when you arrive at the theatre
- All patrons will have their temperature taken on entry (contactless)
- Please have your printed tickets or tickets on your phone ready for contactless scanning with the bar code face up, held away from you.
- Drinks & snacks will be available with service at your seats. Contactless/card payment only, no cash can be taken.
What to do when you’re at the theatre
- Please be mindful of other patrons and social distance at all times.
- Use the hand sanitisers which are located throughout the building.
- Move around the building staying to the left hand side of stairs and corridors.
- Wear your mask at all times unless you are eating or drinking.
- Please remain at your allocated table.
- When the show is finished we ask all patrons to remain seated until directed by staff. Staggered exit is in place to ensure social distancing is adhered to.
- Please be patient with our staff and new procedures as we work hard to ensure everyone’s safety.
What we are doing to ensure patron and staff safety
- We will ensure all staff have not been displaying symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- We will ensure all staffs respective households or social circles have not been around those displaying symptoms of COVID-19
- Each staff member will have their temperature taken prior to starting work
- All staff will be wearing face protection & gloves at all times
- Prior to each performance the Bistro Bar is fully disinfected
- Increased and enhanced cleaning schedules are in place in advance and during all events.
- Please note the Theatre has male and female staff cleaning toilets
- There are screened off areas for staff to work in safely, please do not enter these areas
Back to Events