Waiting in the Wings (socially distanced & live-streamed show)
Tyne Theatre Rep is proud to present another instalment of its highly acclaimed musical concert ‘Waiting in the Wings’.
Back by popular demand, a cast of West End stars return to bring you a repertoire of songs from the musicals, performed LIVE from the Tyne Theatre and Opera House with a socially distanced audience and streamed direct to your homes!
This show will see a new cast take to the stage, including six of our lead performers from our recent Sound of Silence production.
Our West End cast will be: Lucy Aiston, Jess Daley, Jess Brady, Adam Strong, Nathan Elwick, Kris Manuel.
Our show will also feature performances from West End Prep and two 2020 Musical Theatre graduates who entered our Search for a Star competition, Nathan Shaw and Jorja Foster. More details about our cast can be found on the Tyne Theatre Rep social pages.
So, whether it is in person or from the comfort of your sofa, make sure you join us for another fabulous night at the musicals!
Proceeds from your ticket purchase will go towards supporting the Tyne Theatre and Opera House, out of work industry professionals and the local entertainment industry.
Run Time : 1hr 30mins (approx.)
Book to stream the event here.
Please note this event will be broadcast live therefore is only available to view at the scheduled time and date.
For information on how to stream the event once you’ve purchased your ticket, please click here.
Tyne Theatre Rep is a professional repertory theatre company based at the Tyne Theatre and Opera House, Newcastle upon Tyne. The company is a collaboration between the Tyne Theatre and Opera House, Tyne Audio and West End Prep.
Safety Information During COVID-19 (read before booking/attending) – please note this information is only valid for this show and will be reviewed and updated if necessary
- Tickets can only be booked in groups of 1-6 (currently, bookings must be from the same household or support bubble). Group sizes cannot be changed.
- Accessible bookings can be made by emailing email@example.com. Please specify access requirements and provide a contact telephone number. Please note wheelchair bays are limited and will be on a first come first served basis.
- The theatre capacity has significantly reduced to ensure social distancing is adhered to for your safety. We are unable to remove seating and seats which are to be unoccupied will be clearly marked.
- Details taken during booking will be used for track and trace purposes.
- Tickets are ‘Print at Home’ only – these can be shown on a phone or tablet and don’t need to be printed.
- All tickets must be bought in advance, we will not be selling tickets at the venue on the night of the show.
What we would like you to do before coming to the theatre
- Please ensure no members of your party have been displaying symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Please ensure no members of your party’s respective households or social circles have been around those displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please do not arrive at the Theatre too early, doors to seats will be open 45 minutes before the performance.
- Ensure all of your party have face masks, face masks are available for those who forget however we will ask for a £2.00 donation.
What to expect when you arrive at the theatre
- We are using separate entry points into the Theatre on Westgate Road, please ensure you know which entry point is yours. Look out for the signs as you approach.
- All patrons will have their temperature taken on entry (contactless)
- Please have your printed tickets or tickets on your phone ready for contactless scanning with the bar code face up, held away from you.
- Drinks & snacks will be available with service at your seats. Contactless/card payment only, no cash can be taken.
What to do when you’re at the theatre
- Please be mindful of other patrons and social distance at all times.
- Use the hand sanitisers which are located throughout the building.
- Move around the building staying to the left hand side of stairs and corridors.
- Wear your mask at all times unless you are eating or drinking.
- Please remain in your allocated seat, seating has been blocked off for your safety.
- When the show is finished we ask all patrons to remain seated until directed by staff. Staggered exit is in place to ensure social distancing is adhered to.
- Please be patient with our staff and new procedures as we work hard to ensure everyone’s safety.
What we are doing to ensure patron and staff safety
- We will ensure all staff have not been displaying symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- We will ensure all staffs respective households or social circles have not been around those displaying symptoms of COVID-19
- Each staff member will have their temperature taken prior to starting work
- All staff will be wearing face protection & gloves at all times
- Prior to each performance the auditorium is fully disinfected
- Increased and enhanced cleaning schedules are in place in advance and during all events.
- Please note the Theatre has male and female staff cleaning toilets
- There are screened off areas for staff to work in safely, please do not enter these areas