Job Vacancy: Stage Technician
Purpose of Role
The Stage Technician will be required to assist the technical team with the stage and events operation. The role is required to ensure that all the technical aspects of the theatres busy programme of events are met and delivered to a high standard.
The role will be required to operate lights during performances so a knowledge of lighting design and rigging of fixtures would be an advantage, although training will be given. The role will report to the Technical Manager and work alongside all departments.
Working hours will require flexibility and will include evening and weekends.
Hours: 30 hours per week
• Assist with the preparation and set-up of events, including lighting, sound and rigging
• Ensure that the requirements of visiting productions are met and executed professionally and to the highest standards
• Act as Duty Technician during some events, being the technical point of contact for visiting productions and other departments
• To operate lighting during performances
• Assist with the booking and co-ordination of casual crew
• Assist with the co-ordination of external equipment and suppliers
• Assist with routine stage and building maintenance
• Ensure that working areas are kept clean and tidy
• Work closely with all departments to ensure the smooth running of all events
• Knowledge of theatre technical equipment and practices
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good relationship building skills
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Ability to use initiative and be a self-starter
• High level of attention to detail
• Good MS Office and IT Skills
• An interest in arts and entertainment industries
To apply: please send a CV and covering letter with ‘Stage Technician’ as the subject header to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Monday 16th May 2022Back to News